Sunday, April 28, 2013

ARC Review: The Pirate's Wish by Cassandra Rose Clarke





After setting out to break the curse that binds them together, the pirate Ananna and the assassin Naji find themselves stranded on an enchanted island in the north with nothing but a sword, their wits, and the secret to breaking the curse: complete three impossible tasks. With the help of their friend Marjani and a rather unusual ally, Ananna and Naji make their way south again, seeking what seems to be beyond their reach.

Unfortunately, Naji has enemies from the shadowy world known as the Mists, and Ananna must still face the repercussions of going up against the Pirate Confederation. Together, Naji and Ananna must break the curse, escape their enemies — and come to terms with their growing romantic attraction.
Goodreads |


(Recap) The Assassin's Curse

I re- read The Assassin's Curse to gear up for The sequel. I have been waiting FOR.EV.ER. to get my hands on The Pirate's Wish. You can see my gushing/ fangirling review from last year HERE. Seeing as how, this was one of my top 3 favorite books of last year (okay, top 2) You guys know me and my affinity for all things assassin and Pirate. I still love this book so much. I had pre-ordered it last year after I read the eARC from Netgalley. Needless to say, I have already pre- pre- ordered The Pirate's wish as well. :D Seriously, people. I have been waiting forever for this moment and I have such high hopes for this book! <3


Review
The Pirate's Wish

O.O That Ending. I cannot even... No spoilers. Whew. I will say this before I even continue. If book one and book 2 were combined into one book, that book may have possibly been my favorite book ever. But that is just me, and I may still be riding on my book high. Seriously, though. This duo-logy is a favorite for me. 

The Feels: No Lie. When i was reading, this book.. and this is embarrassing for me to admit (because I try not to be a sissy/ pansy) but during this one scene... my stomach and heart started to hurt. I was that attached to the characters in this book. (okay.. it may have been more them one instance if I am being completely honest, here...)

The suspense: Oh man, I was flipping pages like a mad- woman to see what was going to happen yet. 

The villains: ......... well. They were there. (:

Concerns: The book was not perfect, no. No book is perfect. That is just impossible (haha. I did not learn my lesson from this book. Nothing is impossible.) Something that I find awesome will be offensive to another person. Because, lets face it, we all have our individual opinions  That being said... There were certain elements in this book that outshone book one and there were certain elements that paled (very very slightly) in comparison to book one. However, seeing as how  these books are some of my favorites, that isn't saying anything too bad about them. Just figured I needed to point out that just because I think this book is the greatest thing since bacon, does not mean it did not have it's hiccups. 

Characters: The most important thing, and what remained constant throughout, ... was my freaking love of these two characters. Naji and Ananna are two of my all- time favorite book characters. They are so real and emotional and, like I said earlier, I have become very attached to them. They both have their problems and, in this book, those problems seem monumental. But, I mean.... come on.... They are a Pirate and an Assassin.. There is no obstacle these two can come up against that will not allow them to come out on top. They are just that freaking awesome. ;) Human faults show through in their actions and for some reason (even though there were plenty of magical and fictional happenings) their actions and reactions never seemed too far fetched. Moments of immaturity.... well, that is completely normal. psht. I am not going to fault my characters for that as long as they were not complete Damsels or jerks

Quirks: I still freaking adore Ananna's speech. That is still an endearing pirate quality to me. And Naji's educated background. And I loved their little fights. And their dialogue. I love their dialogue when they are fighting (often) and when they are getting along. I love to laugh when I am reading if the characters think or say something witty or sarcastic (love it). And I was laughing plenty. Well, when I wasn't having heart pangs...D:

Romance: Oh, yeah, buddy. We have AMPED it up from book one. That is all. 

Well, i feel like I should divulge this information. When I have a couple in a book I like and I really love them and their relationship, while I am sitting in class (sneaking a few pages in when I am supposed to be learning about the human aging process) I doodle the couple's names down on the side of my notes. I have only done it for a handful of books. Actually, I only do it with my favorite books. (: So that should tell you something. 


If you like an engaging adventure with bloodshed, romance, friendship, pirates (yes!), Assassins (oh, hell yes), troubled heroes, and unorthodox heroines, you should really really pick this duo-logy up. <3





 photo RyanFOXBIGGER_zpsebe33d61.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE CRAVE INTERACTION. Well, that sounded desperate..lol.. ;) Leave a comment, crack a joke, ask a question, or just share something fun. Don't matter to us... as long as there is no SPAM or HATE. ): Unless it's the food- spam. We love that....