Thursday, November 7, 2013

Review: Forgiving Lies by Molly McAdams

Forgiving Lies


Goodreads
A matter of secrets...
Undercover cop Logan "Kash" Ryan can't afford a distraction like his new neighbor Rachel Masters, even if she's the most beautiful woman he's ever seen. To catch a serial killer, he needs to stay focused, yet all he can think about is the feisty, long-legged coed whose guarded nature intrigues him

A matter of lies...
Deceived and hurt before, Rachel would rather be a single, crazy cat lady than trust another guy, especially a gorgeous, tattooed bad boy with a Harley, like Kash. But when his liquid-steel eyes meet hers, it takes all of Rachel's will-power to stop herself from exploring his hot body with her own.

A matter of love...
As much as they try to keep it platonic, the friction between them sparks an irresistible heat that soon consumes them. Can Kash keep Rachel's heart and her life safe even as he risks his own? Will she be able to forgive his lies ... or will she run when she discovers the dangerous truth?





Molly McAdams


Website | Blog | Facebook | Twitter
Molly McAdams grew up in California but now lives in the oh-so-amazing state of Texas with her husband and furry, four-legged daughter. When she’s not diving into the world of her characters, she can be found hiding out in her bedroom—surrounded by her laptop, cell phone, and Kindle—and fighting over the TV remote. She loves curling up in a fluffy comforter during a thunderstorm … or under one in a bathtub if there are tornadoes. That way she can pretend they aren’t really happening.
Visit Molly at her website, read her blog, connect with her on Facebook, and follow her on Twitter.





ARC Review

While I have heard a lot of amazing things about this author, (mainly from Tiffany) Forgiving Lies is the first book that I have had the pleasure to read by this author. I should have listened to Tiffany's incessant sobbing and telling me to read her books, because I rather enjoyed Forgiving Lies.

I love that the book is told in alternating viewpoints of Kash and Rachel. I know- I always mention the viewpoints in my reviews but they are important to me. I enjoy getting inside the character's heads and getting to know each character through the others eyes. I got to see Rachel progress from queen bitch to a quirky, adorable girl and I got to see Kash progress from a bundle of smart- ass sexiness... to a sappy and sweet bundle of smart-ass sexiness. (And gawd, that lip ring.) I fell a little bit in love with the interactions between these 2 characters. Their dialogue was cute and sarcastic and I found myself wishing I had the patience to stop and save some of my favorite quotes. But alas, I wanted to finish the book and did now want to stop and write them down. I'll go back later. ;) They did have their dumb-ass moments, but what book character doesn't?

I also adored the interactions between Mason and Kash. Mason was one big love-able goof! <3 I hope that Mrs. Mcadams writes his story one day because I would love to read it. After- of course- I read the rest of Kash and Rachel's story. :D I also love Mason and Rachel's interractions.

I enjoyed Candace less than I did Mason. I was a little hot and cold toward her throughout. Sometimes I wanted to give her a high five and tell her she was the best and other times, I just wanted to slap that girl hard enough to spin her around. SOME PEOPLE. 

But she was realistic- as were Kash, Mason, and Rachel- and I respect that. If all the characters in a book were perfect, then no one would read. We need conflict! Because we are sick.. 

Speaking of conflict..... bad guy was... err. pretty bad. He freaked me out a little bit. O.O I mean.. he was sick.. but some of the stuff was a little outlandish and I still do not understand some of it. But I enjoyed reading about it! 

I am a mild Suspense/ murder mystery/ serial killer romance novel freak. (: It has to have a crazy- ass bad guy, some intensely awesome sleuthing (maybe some "didn't see that comin, didja?" twists and turns to keep me on my toes, and it has to have some hot romance in order to receive my stamp of approval. This is just for my suspense novels- mind you. I have different criteria for all my genres. ;) 

This book did not score a magnificent rating in the suspense department. The serial killer was waaaay in the background behind the romance and relationship building. No big deal as long as you go into the book knowing it will not be a huge part of the novel. After I caught onto that little fact, I was able to switch into my "sexy contemporary romance" mode and out of my "serial killer thriller" mode and zoom through the remainder of the book. (:

I did love the romance and the progression of all the character's relationships enough that I can overlook that. The characters were just so.... hmn.. what is the word.. I am looking for the word..... oh- AWESOME. (: 

Favorite parts? The crazy cat lady (aww), the lip ring (*sigh*), the tattoos (*drools*) the SARCASM (:D), and the dialogue (sort of the same thing as sarcasm, right...)

So All in all? Forgiving Lies was a very fun, sweet, dark, quirky, sexy, and addicting read. The characters were amazing and stayed with me long after I finished the book. I may or may not have dreamed about them and imagined what was going to happen in book 2! By the way, Mrs. McAdams, about that ending....


3.9/5
It was great!
Recommend to lovers of Contemporary romance, sarcasm, humor, hot romance, books that try to make you cry (rude) and hot guys with tattoos and lip rings. ;)

 photo RyanFOXBIGGER_zpsebe33d61.png

2 comments:

  1. "fun, sweet, dark, quirky, sexy, and addicting" is a great combination! Thanks for being on the tour. I'm featuring your review on TLC's Facebook page today.

    ReplyDelete

WE CRAVE INTERACTION. Well, that sounded desperate..lol.. ;) Leave a comment, crack a joke, ask a question, or just share something fun. Don't matter to us... as long as there is no SPAM or HATE. ): Unless it's the food- spam. We love that....