Hi All!!! Today is my birthday and I have a great book to showcase on it!!!!! Jamie Canosa is a great author and if you haven't heard of her, you should totally check her out. And be sure to enter the giveaway to win a copy of Resisting Atlantis!
Cora’s Life is about to be turned upside down.
Lies. That’s what the guy, Kaden tells here. Everything that she knows is not real. Her memories are not her own. Confusion, hurt, violated, Cora doesn’t know what to believe. Kaden has uprooted her entire life or the life he knows. He tells her things that can’t be real, her from Atlantis. Everything becomes real once people start to try and kill you. Now she is with the resistance and the one thing they need she can’t give them because she can’t remember. Now they are in a race against time to bring back here memories and take out a threat that they might not survive. People will die, but who will come out the victor?
Cameron /Cora might not remember who she is, but she is willing to risk everything to win the war.
Gah All the feels after ending that book. The tears let loose and once they started I couldn’t stop. Cameron and Kaden kept coming up against obstacles everywhere they turned. I loved this book! Atlantis is a beautiful place, but beautiful can be deadly when there is a mad man as a king. Cameron and Kaden have been through so much and it’s just going to get harder for them, especially after that ending. Man the tears of frustration! I just wanted to hit something for the injustice. Resisting Atlantis has it all: EVIL bad guy, Romance, Kick-Butt characters, Awesome Powers, world building was fantastic, and action at every turn. You won’t be able to put it down, so get comfortable and have chips and tissue handy.
Things about Resisting Atlantis that make it stand out over other books I’ve read.
- The female lead is pretty awesome and has cool powers, but she isn’t the biggest baddest out there. Everyone in the book has their own strengths.
- Cameron is not the bad guys’ target. Yeah they are trying to kill her, but she is just in the way. They are after someone else *gasp* I know I was shocked as well. The bad guys always want the female lead, but not this book.
- Cameron is pretty but not every guy wants her, not that she would want then anyway. She has her sights on someone else.
- No Love triangle. I know a lot of books don’t have them but most of them do. I actually like love triangles, but this book wouldn’t have felt the same with one. It was perfect the way it was. The romance wasn’t the main focus of the book, the resistance was.
- The abilities they have. Yes, some of them I was familiar with, but I like the names. Especially forecasting. You think it would be something to do with the weather but it isn’t. Forecasting is when you can see into the future but only a couple of seconds or minutes. It’s pretty handy in a fight. There are some major players in the game and they have some scary powers that make me cringe.
Cameron is a hard character to explain. When she was Cora I swear we could have been the same person. We both love books, doodle while the teacher is talking, and we both are funny. Ok so maybe that sounds like a lot of people but whatever lol Well that changed when she became Cameron. I think I actually like her more as Cameron. She is brave and selfless. I admire her courage yet she doesn’t see it in herself. She trusts her instincts and sometimes they are a little slow, but most of the time she gets it right. I want her to have a happy life with Kaden but I don’t think that will ever happen, which is tragic!
Kaden is loyal and caring and loving and protective. His love for Cameron astounds me. I felt both of their pains at being in a war and wanting to be with someone and not knowing if either one is going to make it. That is horrible, and he just wants Cameron safe no matter what even if he has to sacrifice himself. I admire him as a man…now where can I find one like him in real life :D oooh and those eyes O.O Yes please.
Overall: Resisting Atlantis was gut-wrenchingly good and I didn’t want it to end. I may have only given it 4.5 stars but it’s one of the best this year. Jamie Canosa knows how to tell a story, tear your heart out, while making you want more. The wait for the next one is going to be torturous!
Fighting off the urge to toss a comic book his way, I go in search of what I came for. Mind numbing, heart stopping, soul searching fiction. The only magic that truly exists in the world.
There’s nothing gentle or sweet about his kiss, as I imagined there to be. It’s like he’s finally let go, released his iron grip on control, and together we dive headfirst into passion and desire.
a Rafflecopter giveaway