Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Ken Murray Guest Post [Inside the Mind of the Author]



Inside the Mind of the Author
Kenneth Murray

You don't want to be inside the mind of this author. My wife says it's a dark place.
She is right. I like the dark side - just read the two opening chapters of my newest
novel, The Second Creation, and you will find that most writers won't go there.
There is a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line. And I
enjoy my mental drift into the vastness of space in search of new ideas.

If I had the ability to be re-born into a new life as a science fiction creature; I
would continue being a male, but have the pheromonal ability of insects that can secrete externally a substance that floats through the air like perfume, but with little or no odor. When breathed in by females, they are overwhelmed with sexual desire
to find me and I can orgasm as often as I wish with multiple females. I could give
them 'tee times' -- like playing golf.  
 
To find mental peace, tranquility, I try to develop the introductory methods of Shamantha, or meditative quiescence. Meditation is very difficult to learn, but I believe that Tibetan Buddhism is the least difficult.

I've found the practice to be calming. I've read that if done daily, one can expand brain power and reduce blood pressure. Some experts concentrate on thinking of a black, round spot, the size of a large coin, in the center of the forehead. It's known in meditation as 'the door.' Advanced practitioners of meditation can open that door and be inside their own mind.

Yes, I know what you readers must be thinking. That would really be a triple scary place. But it is not the real problem with the practice. The real worry is sometimes such a sojourner can't find the way back out through that mental door. You stay inside your mind. Now that's a form of insanity.

I write poetry too. It's much more intense and satisfying. Here's a poem that you
would easily guess that I wrote. To feel and sense what the poet is expressing, you
must read poetry out LOUD.


         Touched

 A Poem by Kenneth S. Murray

Abnormality, paranoia, insanity
I’d prefer to be a savant.
Could I then hear, touch, sense,
The mystical monk’s chant.

Give me the right lobe of
One blessed with a 200 IQ
And I’d shame Shakespeare,
Poe, Mozart, and Montesquieu.

Loan me robotic body parts
Force air beneath my wings
Let me create the vibrancy of symphony,
Of poetry, of vivid canvas paints.

   Feel space and time through black holes
   And understand creation
   As death I must confront
 For God may be just around the corner.


I started writing fifteen years ago out of sheer boredom. I had retired early and had to find something to do besides exercise and golf. One needs to work the brain. I knew I had a good imagination and after I wrote my first novel, I knew I'd found something so special, so wonderful, that I couldn't stop. I'm working on my fifth novel and having fun with poetry, which is such a rush -- intense and satisfying.

I usually write romantic poems, love poems. Here's one I was inspired to write last week when I read a line in a book that used the words, "orchid," and "garden." Remember -- speak the words like your reading the poem to someone else.


    Orchid

A Poem by Kenneth S. Murray

A valley in a mountain rain forest
Forms a never lifting fog,
A timeless mist out of which
You come to me.

An ephemeral ghost, never speaking
But beautiful to behold.
I reach out as you slip away
With a knowing smile that
Hints of warmth, a closeness, that
I never taste or touch.

Through the valley I walk
As I search for you.
Sometimes I hear a whisper,
My head turns, eyes squeezing
To see through the misty veil.

I catch a glimpse of great beauty,
An ethereal spirit floating above me.
A breeze clears the air, the figure
Turns into an orchid, so delicate,
Its white petals -- soft and pure
And cool, like new snow.

In its depth lies the bright promise
As the flower's red center beckons.
I have found my Eden.  









The Second Creation


The Second Creation weaves together two stories; a life ending comet strike on earth, and inter-galactic war within the Realm of the Galaxies. 
Research by Sandia National Laboratories Comet Impact Simulations brings incredible reality, and biosphere life begins a new human story. 
Dunge Katorsay, an Apostle of the Anti-Christ, leads his forces from the Draco Constellation to defeat the realm and become its chairman. 
Brian Hudson and Charlotte Tennyson are introduced as earth embryos. Both are born years later on another planet. 
Charlotte is captured by Draco forces; her memory copied into her physical clone, who returns to Brian to spy on the realm. Charlotte's bisexual tendencies were revealed, and she is kept by Dr. Sorsin, the lesbian bio-engineering genius. 
The ending above the earth, as their forces collide, is a horrific battle between the Anti-Christ and the second coming of a God child.






Bio


Kenneth S. Murray lives with his wife Beth in Winter Park and has sons and daughters and three grandchildren. A graduate of the University of Virginia, he served in a top secret cryptographic unit of the U. S. Army in the Pentagon during the Korean war organizing intelligence from codes deciphered by the National Intelligence Agency. He moved to Florida in 1958, retired early and for the past fifteen years has been writing novels and poetry. www.kennethsmurray.com 




Giveaway:

First Prize: Kindle Paperwhite
 Second Prize: $50 Amazon Giftcard
 Third Prize: $25 Amazon Giftcard

5 comments:

  1. Hello Ryan,
    On behalf of Kenneth and Book Marketing Services, I would like to thank you for hosting Kenneth today on Book Marks The Spot. He is thrilled to be here and would love to interact with your readers. If anyone has any questions and/or comments they would like to share with Kenneth, please leave them in the comment box. He will be by later in the day to respond to everyone.
    Please remember to enter the giveaway to win one of three prizes. First prize is Kindle Paperwhite, second prize is a $50 Amazon Gift Card and third prize is a $25 Amazon Gift Card.
    Join us tomorrow when Kenneth will be the guest of Dab of Darkness http://DabOfDarkness.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Della,
      It was no problem at all- I love his post. He is so weird! (:

      Delete
    2. Thank you Ryan. Life is a gas. Breath deeply of it and let it take you to other worlds. Remember, death is but a change of time and space, a path to another universe. Best of luck, Ken Murray

      Delete
    3. You are welcome, Kenneth. So, life is helium, then? haha. I'm just kidding. (: But seriously, I loved your post. There was no doubt in my mind that all of it was AAAAALLLL you. lol. It was too weird not to be. :D

      Delete

WE CRAVE INTERACTION. Well, that sounded desperate..lol.. ;) Leave a comment, crack a joke, ask a question, or just share something fun. Don't matter to us... as long as there is no SPAM or HATE. ): Unless it's the food- spam. We love that....