Sunday, July 14, 2013

ARC Review [Breaking Glass] YA/ Paranormal


Goodreads
Amazon
B&N
On the night seventeen-year-old Jeremy Glass winds up in the hospital with a broken leg and a blood alcohol level well above the legal limit, his secret crush, Susannah, disappears. When he begins receiving messages from her from beyond the grave, he's not sure whether they're real or if he's losing his grip on reality. Clue by clue, he gets closer to unraveling the mystery, and soon realizes he must discover the truth or become the next victim himself




Review


This book was.. something else. It was way more than I thought it would be so I am not sure how to review it. 

This book was a combination of Horror/paranormal, mystery, and tragedy. *shrug* With romance, of course. 

The book is told in Jeremy Glass's perspective- a troubled teenage boy who holds a torch for his best friend's gal. A girl who goes missing the night of his accident.
There were so many twists and turns in this book, that I am really unsure what to say without spoiling any of the mystery. But I shall try!

It was a little hard to like a great many of the characters in this book. (I think the writer engineered it that way, though. If.. that makes any sense. lol) A lot of people have their own secrets and were willing to hurt other people. Some of those secrets are doozies, too. Even Jeremy himself has some secrets. 

I like how Jeremy's inner demons and turmoil are consistent with someone who has been through what he has been through. His actions and attitude (horrible though it was) were believable and sort of true to the situation- the majority of the book. 

I really liked the writing itself and the way she alternated between the past and the present, telling both stories a little bit at a time. That was pretty cool.

While some of the characters were unlike-able, the story itself was pretty interesting. I wanted to keep reading to see how it ended- which made it a good mystery. Also, I like how it was different than most of the YA novels I have read with similar descriptions. I mean.. there is a major twist in there that made the book that much more interesting- solely due to the fact that I have not read anything like it. 

Still, you have to bear in mind that you might like it a little better or a little less than me. I would still recommend you try it out just to see. Somebody needs to read it so I can trash talk some characters with them. ;) 

All in all? Would recommend to someone who wants to read something out of the realm of the ordinary everyday cookie cutter YA romances. Also, lovers of murder mystery and some horror. *nods* an okay read. 

Really the part of the book I liked best was Jeremy's struggle with his injury and his struggle with his alcoholism. The rest was sort of depressing, but still interesting. 

[P.S. I actually have a print ARC of the book if someone wants to trade with me so they can read it. *sigh* We would have to wait until August to trade, though, because that is when  get some money so I can pay for shipping. lol. What? I'm broke at this moment. (: But it is still a serious offer if you can wait a few weeks]



 photo RyanFOXBIGGER_zpsebe33d61.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE CRAVE INTERACTION. Well, that sounded desperate..lol.. ;) Leave a comment, crack a joke, ask a question, or just share something fun. Don't matter to us... as long as there is no SPAM or HATE. ): Unless it's the food- spam. We love that....