Friday, May 3, 2013

{Review} Kept (Coveted #2) by Shawntelle Madison





Fresh from defending her pack in battle, Natalya Stravinsky, a whip-smart werewolf with a lovable neurotic streak, wants a little rest and relaxation. Once an outcast, she’s now eager to rejoin the ranks of her New Jersey pack, and has even gotten a handle on her obsessive urge to hoard holiday ornaments. Yet Nat barely has time to revel in her progress before the next crisis comes howling at her door.

Nat’s father has suddenly gone missing, captured by the Russian werewolf mafia. And as Nat steps up to save her dad from a mob boss’s deadly game, two men step in to play another round for her heart: her gorgeous alpha ex-boyfriend, Thorn, and her new flame, the sweetly sensitive wizard Nick. With her life growing more harried by the minute, Nat must stay cool, calm, and collected . . . or else risk losing everything.






You can read my review of Coveted --->HERE<---

My Review:

I received this from Random House Publishing Group for my honest review

Some things are meant to be kept.

After everything that has happened to Nat, you would think she would catch a break. Unfortunately, trouble always has a way of finding her. It seems another member of the pack has gone missing, and this time it’s someone from her family. She’s going to need all the help she can get for this one. Also, what is she going to do about Nick and Thorn? She'll have to put them in the back of her mind if she wants to save her family and train to get back into the pack.

It’s Nat vs. everyone who says she is not good enough in this sequel to coveted.

This was much better than the first one. There is a lot more fight scenes with Nat in them. She has come a long way in this book. Well... the book did start off slow and I kept waiting for something big to happen. I just kept waiting for something unexpected. We don’t get that surprise until the end of the book. Hopefully, we will be able to see more in the next one. In Kept we get to see some character develop not only from Nat, but from Thorn, Nick and their friends. There were a lot of tear jerker moments, too. I cried at a couple of parts, but that’s just me. This book makes you think. It made me think about my life and how I am living it. Like are some things worth taking risk for? Nat also asks herself this question. And sometimes you never know until you take a risk and find out.  

Nat: She was more independent in this one. I was very proud of her. Her family means everything to her and she proves it time and time again. I can also see her getting stronger and trying to reign in her hoarding problem. She has a lot of tough decisions to make and not all of them were easy. I’m really attached to Nat and I can’t wait to see if she overcomes her weaknesses.

Nick: He is such a sweet guy. You can’t help but to love him. I just want to put him in my pocket. :D He is powerful, hot, and an all around good guy. He has also come a long way in his hoarding. I loved seeing all the progress, little as it may be. I look forward to him in the next book.

Thorn: Dang it dang it dang it!!! I take back everything that I said about him in the first book and that is a hard thing to say coming from me. I hated his guts in the first one. Well it turns out we didn’t get the whole story in the first one. When I found out I was utterly shocked. I didn’t see it coming. He is not such a bad guy after all.


Overall: Werewolves, Wizards and Fairies OH MY!! You’ll see all that and more in this book. I really enjoyed this, so don’t miss out.

Quote:

Since he didn't have a seatbelt on either (future lesson here), we both crashed forward.

Hello, windshield, my name's Natalya.




4.7 STARS



 photo Signatureforkevin_zpsbc37071f.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE CRAVE INTERACTION. Well, that sounded desperate..lol.. ;) Leave a comment, crack a joke, ask a question, or just share something fun. Don't matter to us... as long as there is no SPAM or HATE. ): Unless it's the food- spam. We love that....