Thursday, June 28, 2012

{Review} Raised by Wolves (Raised by Wolves #1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Adopted by the Alpha of a werewolf pack after a rogue wolf brutally killed her parents right before her eyes, fifteen-year-old Bryn knows only pack life, and the rigid social hierarchy that controls it.  That doesn't mean that she's averse to breaking a rule or two.  

But when her curiosity gets the better of her and she discovers Chase, a new teen locked in a cage in her guardian's basement, and witnesses him turn into a wolf before her eyes, the horrific memories of her parents' murders return. Bryn becomes obsessed with getting her questions answered, and Chase is the only one who can provide the information she needs.

But in her drive to find the truth, will Bryn push too far beyond the constraints of the pack, forcing her to leave behind her friends, her family, and the identity that she's shaped?



 My thoughts:

This was very different than other werewolf books that I've come across. It took me a while to get into this one and that’s saying a lot for me b/c I LOVE werewolf books. I didn’t click right away with Bryn and had a hard time in the beginning with figuring out what was going on. I started to really like it at some point and then it started to get on my nerves. I did not like all the “mine” crap. Is it really necessary to sat it a thousand times? I got it the first time you said it. It really freaked me out. I usually like different takes on werewolves but this one just did not do it for me. I had high hopes for this book. Will I continue with this series? Yes, b/c hopefully it will get better and like I said I like werewolf books. This is probably not the best or longest review I will do, so don't judge me by this review :D. I’m also leaving a lot of things out of this review b/c the book  really aggravated me when I wrote this review like a month ago LOL Have y’all read this book or series yet? If so leave me comments on how you liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE CRAVE INTERACTION. Well, that sounded desperate..lol.. ;) Leave a comment, crack a joke, ask a question, or just share something fun. Don't matter to us... as long as there is no SPAM or HATE. ): Unless it's the food- spam. We love that....