Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Review of Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry


"I won't tell anyone, Echo. I promise." Noah tucked a curl behind my ear. It had been so long since someone touched me like he did. Why did it have to be Noah Hutchins? His dark brown eyes shifted to my covered arms. "You didn't do that-did you? It was done to you?" No one ever asked that question. They stared. They whispered. They laughed. But they never asked.

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.

Review 


(ok, I reviewed this weeks ago. I need to keep up with my posts...sorry. like seriously. I read this on July 4th, it has been a freaking month!! )

My Thoughts: Alright. I had this book on my wishlist Wednesday a while back, so you know I was anxiously waiting for this book!! eep. I finally got an opportunity to read it and I read it all in one sitting and let me tell you it FREAKING lived up to my expectations. lol. 

WOW. Where to begin? 

I loved the 2 characters themselves. Like, really loved them. They had their flaws and their problems with each other, but their main conflicts- separate from each other- are what made their story so emotional. 

I can do this without spoiling the book for you. 

Echo is a recluse. She has not really talked to anyone in the last two years at her school. She has not even eaten lunch in the cafeteria. She prefers not to be noticed and makes sure to keep out of the spotlight. Because if she doesn't, then everyone will see the scars. The ugly scars that cover both of her arms. A reminder of the night two years ago that she cannot remember. A reminder of how she will never again be normal. She does well staying the the background... until a chance encounter with one Noah Hutchins. 

You know how you have these awesome bad boys and girls are all like: omg I like em bad! :D *fawns* no. just stop. Noah is not the bad boy he seems to be. He is so complex. I LOVE HIM!!! His whole existence is centered on a tragedy that happened years ago. His desire- no his Need to get his brothers back from their foster family consumes him. He is troubled- just like Echo. He can understand her. 

I can not tell you enough how much I love these 2 characters. They are so complex. And while their stories are centered around each other, it really shows us what is going on with the characters emotionally as well. The story is told in alternating views between Echo and Noah. You learn what drives them, you feel both Echo's frustration at not remembering that night. You feel Noah's anger at being denied access to his brothers. This book broke my heart, then threw it sloppily back together, only to batter it some more. I mean this book made me cry and it wasn't Echo that did it. It was freaking Noah! Read it. You HAVE to. You will see what I am talking about. And the ending! Oh I can't even hint at how the ending broke me to! Noah, you amazing boy, you. 

I do not even know if this review made sense. lol. :D :D :D
anyway. gonna go all fangirl.. *sigh*

<3 Echo and Noah <3     


5 stars all the way. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE CRAVE INTERACTION. Well, that sounded desperate..lol.. ;) Leave a comment, crack a joke, ask a question, or just share something fun. Don't matter to us... as long as there is no SPAM or HATE. ): Unless it's the food- spam. We love that....