Much thanks to Grapevine Book Tours for letting me partake in this Book Blitz/Cover Reveal! To see the other blogs participating in the Blitz click on the banner above. Now to the book that sounds awesome and I can't wait to read. :D
Interview with the author!
• Describe Cowboy Town in one sentence.
Cowboy Town is a hot, sexy, sweet romance that is set in Australia Northern Territory.
• What inspired the idea behind the book?
I wanted to write what I knew. I live in a small country town and my husband is a farmer. My brother is helicopter musterer in the Northern Territory, so it’s a life I know a lot about.
• What was the most fun part of writing it?
Honestly, I really enjoyed writing all of it. But if I had to pick one part, I’d have to say the epilogue. It’s a chapter full of funny, sweet, tender and heartwarming scenes with one-liners that come from personal moments in my own life.
• What was the most challenging?
This book flowed pretty freely from me, but I could’ve done without the visuals of Edie and Matt’s Slam, bam, thank you Ma’am scene. ;)
• Cowboy Town is the first book of the Down Under Cowboys series. How many installments do you plan on being in the series, and can you tell us a little about it?
I’ve got another three books planned for this series. Up next is Sky Cowboy. It’s Ava and Jeremy’s story. After that is Jules and Clay’s story in Cowboy Dreams. Then I’ll be releasing a novel, which will be divided into three sections. Each section will be an extended epilogue for each couple. Sky Cowboy is due out early October 2013
• What makes a true cowboy, in your opinion?
Wrangler or RM Williams jeans, cowboy boots, cowboy hat, calloused hands, tough on the outside but sweet and tender underneath.
• This book is only one of your published works, but how does it feel to have another story out there in the hands of readers and reviewers? Any different than when you published your first book?
It’s nerve-wracking every time you hit the publish button, and then there’s the excruciating wait to see if people enjoyed reading your work. I don’t think it matters how many times you’ve published – you still get butterflies and nerves, and you still worry about how your book will be received.
• Besides writing, what other artistic talents do you have?
Other than writing, I’m not very artistic at all. I like to scrapbook and I like to bake. I can decorate a cake pretty good J
• You're stressed. What's the first thing you do or reach for?
Menthol cigarettes or Cadbury Chocolate!
• What book are you currently writing?
Sky Cowboy – Ava and Jeremy’s story
• What advice would you give aspiring authors?
Don’t overthink things. Don’t’ let negative reviews get to you. Just write what you write – that’s all you can do and hopefully people will like you.
• Last but not least, who is your favorite (fictional) cowboy of all time?
Hmm. I was going to say George Strait…but you said ‘fictional’ so I’m going to have to go with Jackson Henley from Cowboy Town. Although his identical twin, Jeremy, is slowing pushing him off the pedestal with every word I write in Sky Cowboy!!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway