Tuesday, July 24, 2012

{Review} Moonglow by Kristen Callihan




MOONGLOW(Darkest London #2)
Once the seeds of desire are sown . . .

Finally free of her suffocating marriage, widow Daisy Ellis Craigmore is ready to embrace the pleasures of life that have long been denied her. Yet her new-found freedom is short lived. A string of unexplained murders has brought danger to Daisy's door, forcing her to turn to the most unlikely of saviors . . .

Their growing passion knows no bounds . . .

Ian Ranulf, the Marquis of Northrup, has spent lifetimes hiding his primal nature from London society. But now a vicious killer threatens to expose his secrets. Ian must step out of the shadows and protect the beautiful, fearless Daisy, who awakens in him desires he thought long dead. As their quest to unmask the villain draws them closer together, Daisy has no choice but to reveal her own startling secret and Ian must face the undeniable truth: Losing his heart to Daisy may be the only way to save his soul
.






I was provided the Galley from grand Central Publishing for my honest review.


I was really hesitant to start reading this because I loved Firelight and didn’t want to be let down. Let’s just say that I cannot believe that thought even popped into my head because this book was amazing. I definitely will not wait to start any other book by Kristin Callihan. So, do you want to know what I thought about it?

There was action right off the bat. Daisy is tired of mourning the loss of a husband that she never loved. She wants to feel wanted again and goes out to have a little fun. What turned out to be a fun night turned drastic when she finds one of her friends in the alley dead. She is then attack by whatever killed her friend, but what is it? Enter Ian. From there on they try to figure out who is killing all these women, who wear the same perfume as Daisy and why they are doing it. If you want love triangle, you won’t find it in this book. The romance was stop on, not too much, not too little, it didn’t dominate the story.

Daisy is the kind of woman that doesn’t have a filter. She just says whatever pops into her head…Kinda like me. I think that’s what I like the most about her. At first, I thought she was going to be one of those pushovers that talk a lot of smack. As the story progressed, I could tell that she wasn’t having that.

Ian: During this book he has become dear to my heart. I despised him in the first one. I don’t know how she done it but she made me love him. Ian has a secret that he would rather keep hidden, but there is something about Daisy that makes him want to strip off his entire amour.  He is a confident man but Daisy makes him nervous. Why? You have to read it to find out. J

I’m also glad that they put Miranda in this book. I mean she is her sister but I thought it was just going to be about her. I really liked Miranda in Firelight but I have to say that I think I like Daisy better. Miranda is more of a hardcore girl and isn’t afraid to use it. Daisy is sweeter and doesn’t let you see that she is deadly.

I just have to say that I loved this book!!! It has all my favorite things in one small package and it works. If you know anything about me, then you know what I love, if not then you are in for a surprise.

Overall, this book kept me interested from the beginning and didn’t falter.

4 comments:

  1. I love sassy, unfiltered female characters. I will keep this one in mind.

    Say, how do you make those boxes next to the images in your blog post. I've been trying but can't figure it out.

    Thanks

    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean under the images or the white lines around the image?

      Delete
    2. I tried to respond last night but your word verification was giving me trouble (ugh, dislike those so much)

      :-)

      The box that is around the book description above. Is that a quote or a caption? I've seen them on other blogs with colored backgrounds. I like how they come off the image and link the two together. I just don't know how to do it.

      Thanks for your help.

      Jenna

      Delete
  2. I didn't think we had one of those verification things. Interesting.

    What's inside the box is the blurb from goodreads. :0

    I don't know what other people do, but I do all mt reviews in Microsoft Word and I put a border around the blurb. I then go to the new post thing and put the picture and then copy and paste the blurb and it automatically does it for you.

    Hope this help!!!!!!!! If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask. :D

    ReplyDelete

WE CRAVE INTERACTION. Well, that sounded desperate..lol.. ;) Leave a comment, crack a joke, ask a question, or just share something fun. Don't matter to us... as long as there is no SPAM or HATE. ): Unless it's the food- spam. We love that....